Last updated: Jan 27, 2023
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you fill out a form, communicate with us via third-party platforms, request support, apply for employment, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information about you that we collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Website, including:
Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Website, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Website, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your interactions with the Website. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Website and your experience, see which areas and features of our Website are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Website and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect business contact information about you from industry sources and professional networking sites.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your approximate location based on your IP address.
How We Use the Information We Collect
• Provide, maintain, improve, and develop new products and services;
• Personalize your experience with us;
• Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by tvScientific and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
• Target ads to you on third-party sites and services;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website and services;
• Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of tvScientific and others;
• Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
• Create de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated information; and
• Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How We Share Information
• We share personal information with vendors, service providers, contractors and consultants that access personal information to perform work for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
• We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
• We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of tvScientific, our users, the public, or others.
• We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
• We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
• Personal information is shared between and among tvScientific and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
• We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you. Where we maintain information in a de-identified fashion, we will not attempt to re-identify such information.
Targeted Advertising and Analytics
For more information about interest-based ads generally, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
tvScientific is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and service providers in the United States. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Targeted Advertising and Opt-out
As described in the Targeted Advertising and Analytics section above, we process certain personal information to help advertise our products to you on other sites and services. Some of these activities may be considered “sales” or “sharing” of your personal information or “targeted advertising” under certain privacy laws.
In addition, please email us at email@example.com if you wish to opt out of tvScientific using data associated with your IP address to show ads that are relevant to your interests. We will reply requesting certain information necessary to implement your choice.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Website and services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from tvScientific by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
Access, Deletion, Correction
You may have certain rights with respect to data tvScientific collects. These rights may include the right of access, deletion, and correction of personal data. These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, if they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights), or if you ask us to delete information which, for example, we are required by law to keep.
To make a request to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may take reasonable steps to confirm your identity, such as by asking you to verify your email address. You will not be discriminated against for the exercise of such rights (for example, we will not provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services). If we deny your request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us at email@example.com. If you have concerns about the results of an appeal, you may contact the attorney general in the state where you reside.
Additional Information for California Residents
|Category of Personal Information
We use personal information to…
We may disclose personal information to….
Identifiers, such IP addresses, unique cookie identifiers, mobile device advertising identifiers
Internet and Electronic Network Information, such as information about browsers and devices, such as type, version, and settings, and visits and activity on our Website or third-party sites.
Location information, including based on IP address.
Professional or employment related information such as your job title and employer.
Inferences we make based on other information, such as predictions about likelihood to purchase our products.
Communicate with you, such as by sending you newsletters or marketing communications about our services.
Operate and Improve our Website and services, such as to optimize our website layout and understand popularity of content.
For safety anti-fraud purposes, such as to prevent malicious activity or invalid ad traffic.
For legal and compliance purposes, such as to enforce our agreements.
Our vendors, including with our service providers, contractors and consultants that access, store, or process data on our behalf.
Protect safety and combat fraud, including to investigate or prevent reasonably suspected malicious activity and if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of tvScientific, our users, the public, or others
For business reasons, including in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company and between and among tvScientific and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
To legal authorities, if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
At your direction.
We do not collect or process sensitive personal information about you for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you.
We do not “sell” or “share” information that directly identifies you. Some activities we engage in to advertise our products and services may constitute “selling” or “sharing” your information as those terms are defined by the CCPA. The categories of personal information we may “sell” or “share” are (1) identifiers (like your IP address or device ID), and (2) internet or electronic network activity (like links you click on our Website). The categories of third parties to whom we may be involved in “selling” or “sharing” such information include advertising and marketing networks and social networks. We do not knowingly “sell” or “sharing” information about consumers under 16 years of age.
We retain information for as long as necessary to provide our Services and meet our legitimate business needs.