Last updated: Jan 27, 2023
References to our Services in this policy only refer to tvScientific’s own advertising technology platform and systems and do not include the technology or systems of clients or partners that use or integrate with us.
We may update this policy at any time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy.
Information We Collect
Through our Services, we collect information about users, devices, and ads and where they’re shown. This information does not identify you personally but may identify your device or the networks you use and reflect information about your activities online or through connected televisions. This information includes:
• IP addresses
• unique cookie identifiers
• mobile device advertising identifiers
• connected TV Identifiers
• interest information stored and/or used on the platform by clients and partners
other information about browsers and devices, such as type, version, and settings
• location information, including based on IP address or precise GPS data when provided by our clients or partners
• information about ads that are shown, such as which ads are shown to a device or user, where (which device or app) they are shown, and at what time
• information about your visits to our clients’ websites or other online services
• Inferences we make about the information we receive (e.g., predictions about ad performance)
We receive this information in several ways, including:
• Bid requests, which are sets of information that describe an ad space on a connected television that is available to be filled
• Partners that provide information used to target and optimize advertising campaigns
• Pixels and cookies, which allow us to recognize web browsers across sites
• Network requests from devices where ads are shown in order to confirm that the ad was delivered and provide information for us to measure the ad
How We Use the Information We Collect
Through the Services, we process information both on our behalf and on behalf of clients and partners for purposes related to targeting, delivering, measuring, and reporting on advertising. The Services also process information to:
• increase advertising relevancy and effectiveness and predict ad performance
• technically deliver an ad and measure success of delivery
• keep track of how many times an ad was shown, as well as where and when
• measure how well ads perform, such as whether someone who saw an ad later made a purchase
• attribute and report on the performance and success of campaigns
• associate devices that might be related to each other, such as devices used by the same person or in the same household
• prevent malicious activity or invalid ad traffic
How We Share Information
• We may hold information on behalf of a client. In such cases, our clients may access and export their data, though we take steps to prevent export of data that may directly identify an individual or household.
• We also share information:
• with our service providers, vendors, contractors and consultants that access, store, or process data on our behalf
• in order to investigate or prevent reasonably suspected malicious activity and if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of tvScientific, our users, the public, or others
• in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company
• between and among tvScientific and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership
• if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you. Where we maintain information in a de-identified fashion, we will not attempt to re-identify such information.
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
tvScientific is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and service providers in the United States. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer data to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Your Rights and Choices
Targeted Advertising and Opt-out
Because our Services involve helping improve the advertising you see on connected TVs and streaming services, under certain laws, some of our Services may involve tvScientific or our clients using your data for purposes of “targeted advertising,” “selling,” or “sharing” your information as defined by certain privacy laws. Where you interact with our clients, review their privacy policies to understand the choices that they offer to you.
In addition, please email us at email@example.com if you wish to opt out of tvScientific using data associated with your IP address to show ads that are relevant to your interests. We will reply requesting certain information necessary to implement your choice.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies.
Internet Connected TVs
Many connected TVs and related devices offer a choice mechanism for targeted advertising. To find out more, including device specific instructions, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/internet-connected-tv-choices/.
Access, Deletion, Correction
You may have certain rights with respect to data tvScientific collects and processes in association with your device. These rights may include the right of access, deletion, and correction of personal data. These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, if they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights), or if you ask us to delete information which, for example, we are required by law to keep.
To make a request to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may take reasonable steps to confirm your identity, such as asking you to provide verification that an IP address is tied to your online activity. You will not be discriminated against for the exercise of such rights (for example, we will not provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services). If we deny your request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us at email@example.com. If you have concerns about the results of an appeal, you may contact the attorney general in the state where you reside.
Additional Information for California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires us to explain some information using definitions and categories set out under the CCPA. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you. The chart below shows the personal information we collect and how it’s used and shared.
|Category of Personal Information
We use personal information to…
We may disclose personal information to….
Identifiers, such IP addresses, unique cookie identifiers, mobile device advertising identifiers, connected TV identifiers, interest information stored and/or used on the platform by clients and partners
Provide our Services: we use personal information on our behalf and on behalf of clients and partners for purposes related to targeting, delivering, measuring, and reporting on advertising, including to technically deliver an ad and measure success of delivery.
Our clients, where we hold or collect personal information on their behalf.
We do not collect or process sensitive personal information about you for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you.
We do not “sell” or “share” information that directly identifies you. Because the nature of our services involves us helping show you advertisements on connected TVs and streaming services, some of our activities may involve us “selling” or “sharing” your information as those terms are defined by the CCPA. The categories of personal information we may “sell” or “share” are (1) identifiers (like your IP address or device ID), and (2) internet or electronic network activity (like information about what ad was shown on a connected TV in your household). The categories of third parties to whom we may be involved in “selling” or “sharing” such information include advertising and marketing networks. We do not knowingly “sell” or “sharing” information about consumers under 16 years of age.
You can exercise your right to opt-out as explained above. If you visit our clients’ websites with a legally-recognized opt-out preference signal (such as Global Privacy Control) enabled, that participant may have the legal obligation to recognize such signal as an instruction to opt you out of sales or sharing that such client engages in.
We retain information for as long as necessary to provide our Services and meet our legitimate business needs.